Sunday, June 30, 2013

Prairie Church

Prairie Church
10x8 Acrylic on Stretched Canvas
Finished on All Sides

For purchase information please contact me

I love the prairie. I even love driving across Kansas. Others don't seem to care for it so much. Of course going west in  Kansas means going to Colorado to me. I'm sure that doesn't hurt things. But the wide open spaces are beautiful and a wonderful place to watch the clouds. Nothing gets in the way. And the prairie can produce some awesome cloud formations.
A little more impressionism, I had painted only the sky a while back. I was just playing around really, trying to be looser and working with acrylics. No lightning at that time. So I just added the foreground, with the church and road and some lightning. I really like painting lightning. 


Closeups below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...