Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Yarnell School Online







I have just enrolled in the Yarnell School Online. This is Jerry Yarnell's site, Yarnell School of Fine Art. I was fortunate to be able to take one of Jerry's two day workshops a few years ago. He is an awesome painter and a wonderful Christian man. He paints primarily in acrylics and I wanted to try to learn to use that medium. The painting above is the one that I did at his workshop and my first attempt at an acrylic painting. After giving acrylics a try I have gone back to oils. Jerry has his website set up where you can get access to anything on it, instructional or whatever, 24/7 for a monthly fee. I'm going to give it a try for a while. He has a painting called "Heaven on Earth" that he has taught in several of his workshops. See it HERE. I loved this painting and wished I could take a workshop when he was doing it. Well, now I have access to that through his website. He has a show on PBS, local time is 1:30 EST, Saturday on channel 14 WPTO. It is called "Paint This With Jerry Yarnell". It is easy enough to follow along using oils if Jerry is using acrylics. He does sometimes use water miscible oils. So I am looking forward to starting this painting. Stay tuned!
Another good site for Jerry is HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...